Last Updated: July 20 2017
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
To prevent credit card fraud, we may request additional documentation such as a copy of the credit card and photo identification to verify that a purchase is being made by the authorized cardholder. Providing this information is optional, but we reserve the right to cancel any order if we do not have sufficient information to verify the purchase is being made by the authorized credit card holder.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites, shop in our stores, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, request a catalog, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect Personal Information and other information that you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a "wish list" or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our websites or transact business with us. This information may include demographic information; IP address; browser type; operating system characteristics; information about your use of our websites and mobile applications; and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), such as unique device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, device or session ID, error related data status, capability, confirmation, functionality, performance data, and connection type. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the websites.
The methods that we and our service providers may use to automatically collect such information include:
We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using our websites. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. For more information about disabling flash cookies, seeAdobe Flash Player. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as "Internet tags" or "clear gifs," in our web pages and email messages. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to our websites, to monitor how users navigate the websites, and to count how many emails that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
We may use GPS (global positioning systems) software and other location-based technologies such as iBeacons (as defined below) to locate you so we may verify your location, and deliver relevant content to you based on your location. In addition to traditional GPS location-based services, we may install low power Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, radio transmitters, or other devices in physical locations, which emit a signal that we can detect to pinpoint your location or otherwise facilitate your interaction with our websites and offline retail locations (“iBeacons”).
An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
Information we automatically collect about you, such as how you interact with our websites, may be combined with your Personal Information. If we associate any such automatically-collected information with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We and our business partners and other third parties may send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends identified through automatically-collected information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OUR PARTNERS AND OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the U.S. Postal Service's national change of address database to verify and update mailing addresses. In addition, if you apply for a WATCHGUY NYC credit card, we obtain limited information about you from the partner that manages our co-brand credit card program. We may also supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third party data cooperatives in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. If we receive Personal Information from a third party source and/or if we combine the information we receive from these third party sources with your Personal Information, we will treat that information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use and share such information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Process your registration with our websites or mobile applications, including verifying that your email address(es) are active and valid;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see the Your Choices section below.
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Improve our websites or mobile applications or other WATCHGUY NYC products and services;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Contact you regarding your use of our websites and mobile applications and, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
- Provide you with notices related to our websites, mobile applications, and other WATCHGUY NYC products and services;
- Conduct surveys regarding our websites, mobile applications, and other WATCHGUY NYC products and services;
- Carry out any other purpose disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, at the time you provide your Personal Information, or for which the information was collected, or with your consent.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or mobile applications or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers, including third party delivery services, may have access to Personal Information to carry out work on our behalf. These third party service providers and agents are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance and are contractually bound to keep Personal Information confidential. For example, third parties that we use for delivery services will only use your Personal Information for the purpose of completing your delivery.
In addition, we may share information about you as follows:
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail in partnership with WATCHGUY NYC and/or with cooperative data sharing partnerships unless you opt out of this type of sharing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As noted above in the section entitled “Information We Collect from our Partners and Other Sources,” the cooperative data sharing partners with whom we share your information supplement the information we collect about you with outside records in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.)
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to i) subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party;
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of Company assets, financing, disposal, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction.
SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS, AND PROMOTIONS
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such Promotion, such as in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials. WATCHGUY NYC may offer opportunities to enter a contest or sweepstakes or other feature that we offer jointly with a third party. As a result of your participation in such feature, your information may be shared with the third party that is jointly offering the feature, which will be disclosed at the time your information is collected.
ADVERTISING, & ANALYTICS SERVICES AND ONLINE TRACKING
This means that some information about your browsing of our websites and mobile applications and certain third party sites may be shared with these companies for the purpose of delivering ads to you on our websites and mobile applications and certain third party sites, and WATCHGUY NYC may receive from some of these companies information about third party sites that you have visited. This information is used for marketing purposes and the practice is sometimes termed "retargeting" to indicate that information from one retailer is used to suggest to you relevant products offered by another retailer.
These and other third parties may also collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites and mobile applications.
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, WATCHGUY NYC currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit All About Do Not Track (DNT).
COMMUNITY FEATURES AND USER CONTENT
Our websites may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly through chat rooms, forums, interactive features, or other communication functionality (“Community Features”). We may provide functionality for you to submit or post text (including questions, comments, and suggestions), photographs, audio, videos, or other content (collectively, "User Content") through Community Features, by linking our websites to a third party service, or otherwise. Please note that certain information, such as your username and profile picture, may be publicly displayed on our websites along with your User Content. User Content consisting of uploaded files may contain metadata, which may contain Personal Information or other information about or relating to you. You may wish to remove metadata from your file(s) before transmitting such file(s) to our websites.
Note that anything you post through Community Features is public -- others will have access to your User Content and may use it or share it with third parties. If you choose to voluntarily disclose Personal Information, that information will be considered public information. If you submit User Content, it may be published online or offline at any time. In addition, we may use your User Content and any excerpt from your User Content in connection with our advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities.
Certain functionality on our websites may permit interactions that you initiate between the websites and a third party website or service (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to “like” or “share” our website content to other websites or services; to log-in to our websites using your username and password for a third party site or service; to transmit content to our websites from your account on a third party website or service; and to otherwise connect our websites to a third party website or service.
If you choose to use Social Features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our websites or by the provider of the Social Feature that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third party platform that references our websites (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with WATCHGUY NYC in a tweet or status update), your post may be published on our websites in accordance with the terms of the third party website or service. Also, both WATCHGUY NYC and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our websites and the third party site or service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections,” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections’” web pages, profile pages, or similar pages on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information collected online.
Our websites are not intended for children and are not targeted to children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and, if we learn that we have received information from a user under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete this information. We do not sell products for purchase by children.
Online Account Information
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Account" page or by emailing us at email@example.com. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
In addition, if you do not want your information shared with third party partners you may request to be taken off any communications listings from WATCHGUY NYCby sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of direct mail (such as catalogs and post cards): Email us at email@example.com.
- To opt out of promotional emails: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also remove yourself from our email list by clicking on the unsubscribe link, also presented in all promotional emails we send to our customers. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
- You may also opt out of direct mail and promotional emails by logging into your online account “My Account,” and clicking on ”Preference Center.” On this page, you can choose to opt-in or opt-out of our email mailing lists and home mailing lists.
- If you sign up to receive SMS or MMS messages that may be offered on our websites, you may unsubscribe from any SMS or MMS messages received by replying "STOP”.
When you use the websites and mobile applications on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services and/or Bluetooth settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Analytics, Advertising, Online Tracking and Your Choices
Certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") AdChoices Program and may display an Advertising Option Icon for interest-based ads. You can learn more about the DAA AdChoices Program here In addition, certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). The NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt out of targeted advertising delivered by NAI members' ad networks. To learn more about opting out of targeted advertising or to use the tool. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of targeted advertising, you will continue to receive generic ads.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
There may be hyperlinks on our websites or mobile applications to other websites or locations that are operated and controlled by third parties ("Third Party Websites"). These Third Party Websites may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third Party Websites may solicit Personal Information from you. We make no representations regarding the policies or business practices of such Third Party Websites and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your Personal Information.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, designs, the "look and feel" of the Site, trademarks and all other intellectual property and material rights relating to the Content as herein described, including TOURNEAU Software and all HTML and other code contained in this Site, shall remain at all times vested in TOURNEAU and/or are the property of their respective owners. All such Content, including third party trademarks, designs and related intellectual property rights mentioned or displayed on this Site are protected by federal and state laws and regulations and international treaty provisions. You are permitted to use the Content only as expressly authorized by WATCHGUY NYC and/or its third party licensors. Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, copying and use of the above listed materials to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
62 West 47th St Suite 1108A New York, NY 10036
Phone: +1 (212) 510-8315